TBC Attunements Guide
TBC's attunement is quite a complicated and at times challenging process. Even Heroic will make you do runs of several dungeons, not to mention the raid attunement which is consequently even more difficult. This guide will be able to help you deal with all the tasks faster without wasting any time on figuring out what to do next.
To get full access to any Heroic, the character has to acquire a Heroic key for each dungeon. The whole process in this case revolves around earning the needed reputation with a specific reputation that is tied to each dungeon. After dealing with that it is possible to buy the needed key from fraction’s Quartermaster.
|Hellfire Citadel||Finish a number of quests for Thrallmar\Honor Hold until you reach Revered|
|Coilfang Reservoir||Finish a number of quests in Zangarmarsh at Cenarion Refuge until you reach Revered|
|Auchindoun||Finish a number of quests at Lower City, Stonebreaker Hold until you reach Revered|
|Tempest Keep||Finish a number of quests at Altar of Sha'tar or Sanctum of the Stars until you reach Revered|
|Caverns of Time||Finish a number of quests for Keepers of Time until you reach Revered|
LvL 70 is the 1st objective in the long process of dealing with any of the raids. It also will require a flying mount, which means some additional significant gold besides the leveling. At the same time just after reaching the needed level, the player receives access to 2 raids: Gruul's Lair and Magtheridon's Lair. Also Sunwell Plateau will not require any special attunement.
This attunement begins with gathering a key that consists of 3 parts:
- The 1st can be obtained in the Shadow Labyrinth, to unlock which you have to first complete the Sethekk Halls run.
- The 2nd is in the Steamvaults, though it is not necessary to complete the whole dungeon for the part.
- Before entering Arcatraz for the last part, the attunement to this instance needs to be finished as well, which involves group quests in Mechanar and Botanica.
After that you will have to get another key in your possession:
You will start by arriving at the Black Morass to Medivh. But to make the instance available you need to finish the Old Hillsbrad Foothills quest. To defeat the last boss of the instance, Aeonus, you will need some high quality gear as the battle will be rather challenging.
To get to this Attunement you need to first gain access to Karazhan and Heroic Cenarion Expedition. Then do a Heroic run of The Slave Pens and talk to the NPC giving the quest. He will require you to collect 2 signets:
- The Earthen Signet is obtained by slaying Gruul the Dragonkiller in the corresponding raid.
- The Blazing Signet can be obtained from Nightbane in Karazhan but his summoning will require some additional work as you need the Blackened Urn in your possession.
In order to obtain it you will have to follow next steps:
- Achieve Honored with Violet Eye
- Defeat first 4 Karazhan bosses
- Finish quests in Netherstorm
- Finish Sethekk Halls and Shattered Halls runs on Heroic
Attunement involves completion of a connected quest. Unlike the previous cases here you need to deal with several elites without any runs through instances during this step. After that will come instances:
- Complete a Heroic Shattered Halls within the time limit as well as a Heroic Steamvault and Shadow Labyrinth without any other restrictions
- Complete a Heroic Arcatraz while making sure the NPC survives
- Slay the final boss in Magtheridon’s Lair.
Attunement to this raid is much shorter as you only need to gather 2 Vials of Eternity:
- One is obtained from the last boss of The Eye
- The other one is obtained from the last Serpentshrine Cavern's boss
This attunement may be considered to be the easiest. You just need to take a quest in Serpentshrine Cavern, and to complete it you have to defeat the 1st boss of Hyjal.
If you are having any problems with Attunements or Raids or just do not wish to waste your time on repetitive tasks, you may want to check out the services by CakeBoost. You can also take a look into Coaching if you are having problems with getting used to the game or performing well, this way you will no longer have to spend any time on guides and get all the information along with some tricks right away.